I'll have a beer please

I started out the weekend of the 27th going to a pub with Nitin and Venkatesh. We decided to go to a more restaurant style pub where we could sit, drink, and converse. This was my first taste of India beer. Apparently there are two main Indian beers: Royal Challenge, and Kingfisher. This night, we chose to drink Kingfisher... I think that may also be because they didn't serve Royal Challenge at the pub we went to. This place was very .... posh. It felt like a fancy American bar actually. Two large LCD tv's that were showing the Pakistan vs India cricket match. We had ... a couple pitchers, some chicken drumsticks (i think they were tandorri style), Apollo Fish, and some really great roasted cashews.

We had a fantastic conversation through the course of the evening, discussing topics such as the caste system, differences in communication styles between cultures, and even arranged marriages. It was an awesome evening. It wish it could have lasted longer, but simply put.... I was exhausted. So I headed home around 1 to catch some zzz's before my first day out in Hyderabad by myself. YIPEE!!!



Food Time!!

Apollo Fish - This is my first fish dish and man was it good. It was the second spiciest dish I've had here in India. I wish I could describe the taste a bit better for you... It's basically fish which they batter then fry after which they stir fry with some spices and then serve it with curry leaves. It's delicious. I HIGHLY recomend trying it. Be prepared, it is spicy... about as spicy as really hot salsa.

No comments: