Out and About on My Own...

So I spent the Saturday following the late night of beer drinking touring Hyderabad slowly at my own pace.... meaning I slept in and didn't do much of anything until about 1 in the afternoon. Yeah, that's right I'm in a foriegn country on the other side of the world being lazy and wasting time.... did you guys really expect anything different?.

Anyway. I started off my day with a trip KFC, India style! I know I know I know. I didn't fly over9,000 miles just to eat fried chicken, but sometimes you just really need some good friend food. Anyway the check was good and greasy and delicious. I also saw some of the first white anglo saxon's I've seen in Hyderabad. That was fun.

After this gluttony, I decided I should start shopping for all you people back in the states. So, I headed across town to the big IMAX theater with attached shopping center. This place is really unique, it has three floors of stores, fast food restaurants, and even an arcade. Needless to say, I spent the next hour to hour and a half getting my video game on in the arcade. Turns out, I'm pretty good at House of the Dead 4. It's a really good game by the way... nothing like the movie in other words. Turns out that i didn't really want to buy you guys anything.... yet hahahaha ;-)

After my fun at the arcade, the sun was getting low in the sky so I decided to go over to Husain Sagar and visit the Buddha statue on the lake. It was pretty much sunset when I got there and I had to take this picture with a slow shutter speed in order to be able to see his face. That's why it looks like he is glowing.

I hung around on the little island for quite some time. got some good pictures of the sunset... sunsets are amazing here by the way. The sky lights up like fire. I have a couple more of a different night where it is more intense. The only thing i can't stand about this photo is the stupid billboard right under neath the sun. kind of dectracts from the whole thing. ehhh can't always be perfect right? hehehe

After this outing, I made a quick stop over to a "handicraft" store in hopes to get an idea of some of the merchandise to purchase. They have some really amazing stuff. Some of it is worth every penny, while others just make you say "huh?!?!?! you want how much for that hunk of wood". This place did have some amazing shawls.. there's another word for it, but I can't remember. lots and lots of hand stiching and embroidery. I actually saw one that cost 40,000 rupees.... that's about $1000 for those of you keeping track. It was simply amazing to look at. The stiching was superb and you could not see a loose thread anywhere.

Ok, I must bid you adeu for now to get some MUCH needed rest. I wish you well from India!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Wow Matt. I had no idea that they had shipped you off to India. Donna Klein in San Antonio passed out your blog address to the whole office after we had a discussion in our last staff meeting about people working in different Weston offices. BTW, was that a Dodgeball reference I saw in a previous blog? ("I just can't believe it Cotton.")

Tamara